Once you have decided your preferred model, you need to choose a grade of Willow. Grading is not a perfect science and can be subjective from one person to another. This is largely because no two clefts of willow are the same – even from the same willow tree. However, working with our batmakers who have over 40 years of experience handcrafting cricket bats, we have created a guide below to showcase the differences in willow and the key characteristics in each of them.
Also note, while the grading below focuses mainly on the look of the cricket bat, grading is also a combination of weight, density, balance and ‘ping’ of the mallet.
• This is the BEST of the BEST.
• Hand selected Superior Grade 1 English Willow
• Grade 1 English Willow
• Premium Grade 1 English Willow
• Grade 1/2 English Willow
• Superior Grade 2 English Willow
• Superior Grade 3 English Willow
• Grade 4 English Willow
• Superior grade Kashmir Willow