- Knocking in of the toe and edges only.
- An essential service for ALL new cricket bats. Increases the longevity of the bat if the knocking in and preparation is done correctly.
- Includes oiling before and after “knocking in”
- Your bat is “knocked in” by hand using a wooden mallet.
- This service can take up to 7 days at busy times.
PLEASE NOTE: This service does not mean your bat is fully knocked in. We advise the following steps:
- Knock in the bat further starting from the toe working your way to the mid-way point of the cricket bat.
- Once you think it is ready, go to the nets and play against some used cricket balls at mid-pace. (If you see large indentations go back to step 1). Avoid playing down on Yorkers in the nets, no amount of knocking in can protect fully against the damage this may cause.
- Begin to gradually hit the ball harder against bowlers before using it in a match.